What To Do In Case Of A Medical Emergency Abroad
If you have a medical emergency you can either call our assitance team on +44 (0) 203 824 0713 or email them at email@example.com.
When you call the emergency assistance number you’ll be put through to the Assitance operations team. A member of the team will allocate you a case number and if appropriate provide the hospital or clinic with billing instructions.
If you need to call us in a medical emergency you will need to have the following details to hand:
- Your telephone number, so we can reach you in case you are cut off.
- The patient’s name, age and as much information as possible about the medical situation.
- The name of the medical facility/hospital and details such as the ward, the treating doctor and any relevant telephone numbers.
- Tell EAF that you have a Spectrum Travel Insurance policy, and give them your policy number, the date you bought it and your booked travel dates.
- The patient’s UK GP details such as their GP’s name, address and phone number (in case more information on current medical conditions and treatment is needed).