Going on a cruise offers you the chance to have your holiday the way you want it. On board what is essentially a floating resort, not only do you get to enjoy the seemingly never ending list of activities on offer, you also get to visit multiple locations and soak up the culture when the ship docks.
You can then kick back and relax in the evening while enjoying the wide variety of entertainment options on offer such as extravagant shows and top notch comedy. And if you’re a foodie you’ll be in your element as you can choose multiple cuisines to indulge in or head instead to one of the ship’s restaurants to enjoy a fabulous fine dining experience.
Cruises are perfect for all ages as there are tons of activities for the kids to choose from too.
To ensure that your holiday goes smoothly though, it’s a good idea to take out travel insurance. Spectrum policies cover cruises as standard with up to £10,000 cancellation cover available and you can protect against specific cruise related issues, such as missed port and cabin confinement, by including Spectrum’s Cruise Plus add on for an additional premium.
Do You Need Special Travel Insurance For A Cruise?
It’s important that you check the policy you are considering as some providers don’t cover cruises as standard. Spectrum Travel Insurance has built its standard range of policies to be as inclusive as possible so cruises are covered within its usual terms and conditions. For an additional level of comfort you can select the Cruise Plus add on when buying your cover.
What Travel Insurance Type Should I Choose?
If you have one cruise holiday planned this year then Spectrum’s Single Trip Travel Insurance offers the perfect solution with its low cost, high value cover. There’s no upper age limit and you can cover trips up to 100 days in length.
If you have more trips planned over the next 12 months then take a look at Spectrum’s Annual Multi-Trip cover.
Or if you’re off on the high seas for an extended trip then Spectrum offers Long Stay cover which is perfect for those aged over 45 looking to cover trips from three to 12 months duration.
Why Choose Spectrum Travel Insurance?
24/7 Emergency Helpline
100+Activities Covered FREE
£10m Medical Cover Per Person
£10,000 Cancellation Cover Per Person
Key Benefits Of Our Cruise Travel Insurance
- Cruise holidays covered as standard
- 24 hour medical emergency helpline
- Range of cover levels to choose from
- Cancellation cover available up to £10,000
- Up to £10million in medical expenses cover available
- Over 100 adventure sports and activities covered automatically
- Cruise Plus add on available to cover range of specific aspects including missed port, cabin confinement, changes to itinerary, and un-used pre-booked excursions
What Does Spectrum Travel Insurance Cover
If your holiday plans are all set then the sooner you take out your policy, the sooner you’ll be covered for key aspects such as cancellation. Also Spectrum policies provide cover for medical expenses should you fall ill or receive an injury. Without cover any resulting medical bills will be handed to you to pay and they could run into hundreds, if not thousands, of pounds.
Spectrum’s Travel Insurance covers a whole host of areas to give you real peace of mind. Key aspects include:
- Cancellation and curtailment – cover up to £10,000 available.
- Medical Expenses – up to £10million cover available.
- Baggage – cover up to £3,000 available.
- Personal Accident – cover up to £100,000 available (depending on section)
- Personal Liability – cover up to £3million available
Plus much more – you can find a full outline of all the cover available by visiting our Cover Levels page.
What Is Covered By Spectrum’s Cruise Plus?
If you take out the optional extra Cruise Plus, you’ll be covered for unfortunate events, such as the cancellation of a scheduled stop at a port or if there is a change to your itinerary. You’ll also be covered if an illness, accident or injury causes you to miss out on any pre-booked excursions. You can add this cover when you purchase you policy either online or over the phone.
Tailor Your Policy With A Range Of Additional Options
Here at Spectrum we aim to ensure we have a policy to fit your individual needs. Not only can you choose from a range of cover levels and policy types, we also offer additional options, along with Cruise Plus, so you can tailor your policy. These include:
- Gadget Cover – added protection for up to five of your gadgets, including smart phones and tablets.
- Business Plus – if you travel on business then this gives added security for equipment, goods and personnel.
- Golf Plus – if you’re heading away to enjoy a few rounds in sunny climes you may want to take out this extra insurance to protect aspects such as your clubs, green fees and there’s even ‘hole in one’ cover!
- Wedding/Civil Partnership Plus – if you are holding your big day abroad then make sure items such as wedding rings, attire and gifts are covered with this option.
- Winter Sports – heading to the slopes? Then make sure you add winter sports cover to your policy.
I Have A Medical Condition - Can I Get Covered?
If you’re concerned about getting cover for an existing condition, don’t be. Spectrum considers all conditions and you can get covered either online or over the phone. Either way we’ve made the process of declaring your condition as straightforward as possible.
If you have an existing medical condition then it’s important to declare it when you take out your cover. That’s because if something happens that’s linked to your condition and you haven’t told us about it, then it is likely that any related claim will be declined.
When Should I Start My Travel Insurance?
It’s always best to arrange cover as soon as you’ve booked your trip. That way you’ll have the peace of mind that you’re protected for aspects including cancellation.