What type of holiday booker are you? Do you spend countless hours planning and researching, or are you more last minute and spontaneous? Do you follow the latest trends, look to escape the crowds by going off the beaten track or do you have a favoured spot on this beautiful planet of ours to rest and recuperate?
Whatever way you go about it, if you’ve booked your next trip one of the most important things to sort out, sooner rather than later, is Travel Insurance. And if you’re planning to take one trip this year then Spectrum’s Single Trip Travel Insurance offers real peace of mind that you’ll be protected should the unexpected occur.
What Is Single Trip Travel Insurance?
If you’re taking one holiday this year, or are off on a couple of short breaks, Spectrum’s Single Trip Travel Insurance offers the perfect solution with its low cost, high value cover. You can arrange protection for trips up to 100 days in length, there’s no upper age limit and Spectrum’s Single Trip policies can cover individuals, couples, families and groups.
If you have more trips planned over the next 12 months then take a look at Spectrum’s Annual Multi-Trip cover. Or if you’re off on a longer adventure then Spectrum offers Gap Year and Long Stay options so you can pick the policy type that really fits your needs.
Key Benefits Of Our Single Trip Travel Insurance
- No upper age limit
- 24 hour medical emergency helpline
- Four cover levels to choose from
- Cancellation cover available up to £10,000
- Up to £10million in medical expenses cover available
- Over 100 adventure sports and activities covered automatically
- Cover available for trips up to 100 days (age dependent)
What Does Single Trip Travel Insurance Cover?
If your holiday plans are all set then the sooner you take out your policy, the sooner you’ll be covered for key aspects such as cancellation. Also Spectrum policies provide cover for medical expenses should you fall ill or receive an injury. Without cover any resulting medical bills will be handed to you to pay and they could run into hundreds, if not thousands, of pounds.
Spectrum’s Travel Insurance covers a whole host of areas to give you real peace of mind.
Key aspects include:
- Cancellation and curtailment – cover up to £10,000 available.
- Medical Expenses – up to £10million cover available.
- Baggage – cover up to £3,000 available. If you need to cover your baggage select either Silver, Gold or Platinum cover.
- Personal Accident – cover up to £100,000 available (depending on section)
- Personal Liability – cover up to £3million available
Plus much more – you can find a full outline of all the cover available by visiting our Cover Levels page.
Tailor Your Policy With A Range Of Additional Options
Here at Spectrum we aim to ensure we have a policy to fit your individual needs. Not only can you choose from four levels of cover when buying your Single Trip policy, we also offer seven additional options so you can tailor your policy, which include:
- Gadget Cover – added protection for up to five of your gadgets, including smart phones and tablets.
- Cruise Plus – while Spectrum policies cover cruise holidays automatically there are some specific aspects, such as missed port and cabin confinement, which are covered by Cruise Plus.
- Business Plus – if you travel on business then this gives added security for equipment, goods and personnel.
- Golf Plus – if you’re heading away to enjoy a few rounds in sunny climes you may want to take out this extra insurance to protect aspects such as your clubs, green fees and there’s even ‘hole in one’ cover!
- Wedding/Civil Partnership Plus – if you are holding your big day abroad then make sure items such as wedding rings, attire and gifts are covered with this option.
- Winter Sports – heading to the slopes? Then make sure you add winter sports cover to your policy. We offer 17 days cover for those aged under 70.
Why Choose Spectrum Travel Insurance?
24/7 Emergency Helpline
100+Activities Covered FREE
£10m Medical Cover Per Person
£10,000 Cancellation Cover Per Person
I Have A Medical Condition – Can I Get Covered?
If you’re concerned about getting cover for an existing condition, don’t be. Spectrum considers all conditions and you can get covered either online or over the phone. Either way we’ve made the process of declaring your condition as straightforward as possible.
If you have an existing medical condition then it’s important to declare it when you take out your cover. That’s because if something happens that’s linked to your condition and you haven’t told us about it, then it is likely that any related claim will be declined.
So don’t risk travelling without cover – get a quote today.
When Should I Start My Travel Insurance?
While your Single Trip policy will cover your actual travel dates, you’re covered for cancellation from the purchase date, even if your first day of travel is not for some time in the future. As such it’s always best to arrange cover as soon as you’ve booked your trip.
How Do I Arrange Cover for the Country I’m Travelling to?
When you click on the ‘Get A Quote’ button anywhere on our site you’ll be taken through to our quick quote journey. Once you select Single Trip as your policy type, you’ll then be asked where you are travelling to. Just type in the country where you are heading to, or if you’re off to visit multiple places then enter all that apply.
How Long Can I Be Covered For?
While Spectrum Single Trip polices don’t have an upper age limit, there are differing trip duration lengths that depend on the cover level you choose and your age.
Bronze Cover Level:
- maximum trip duration of 31 days up to age 85
Silver, Gold and Platinum Cover Levels:
- maximum trip duration of 100 days for those aged 75 and under
- maximum duration of up to 31 days for those aged 76 and over